Sunday 23 August 2015

Last Days of Summer

Here in Umbria the warm weather can continue into November but since we're leaving for Scotland in 10 days this is the last of the summer for us. We're trying to make the most of it by spending as much time out of doors as we can, soaking up the sun to see us through the winter. After last weekend's storms the air is fresher and cooler meaning we can enjoy plenty of walks in the countryside around the village. 





 We discovered loads of blackthorn bushes on our walk today. I didn't have anything with me to collect the sloes in so I'll have to return another day to pick some for making sloe gin.


 Figs, one of my favourite fruits, are in season now too. 


 Near the village live two old bachelor brothers. I'm always in awe of their perfectly kept garden, everything neatly planted in precise rows like these tomato plants. 


I'll never tire of this view of our village.


How did you spend your weekend?

Love,

Sarah Elizabeth

x


3 comments:

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures and such lovely light.

I spent my weekend helping my dearly beloved move his all affairs into storage. He is starting a new job and they are offering him a paid furnished flat for the trial period.

Loree said...

Umbria is just lovely. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

Alice_12 said...

Keep sharing this up outlets in massachusetts