Tuesday 24 August 2010

Wedding Report Part II - The Dress

As I'm sure is true for most brides, the most exciting part of the wedding preparations for me was choosing the dress. I loved going dress shopping with my mum and sharing those precious moments together, just the two of us. I tried on a lot of dresses in various bridal shops but they were all quite similar, strapless with full skirts and a lot of beading. They were all beautiful but I knew that I wanted something a little bit different. I eventually found 'The One' in a shop called Pan Pan in Edinburgh. It was a Jenny Packham dress called Petra and I fell in love with it immediately. From that moment I couldn't wait to wear it on my wedding day. I chose a hair comb also by Jenny Packham and a beaded veil completed the look.


Remember that parasol I posted about here?

I can't describe how much I loved wearing that dress. It felt so beautiful and elegant and I loved the way it floated around as I danced at our reception. The great thing is that I get to wear it again when we have Part II of our wedding back in Italy in a couple of weeks time. Lucky me! :)





11 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

What a simply beautiful dress, you look gorgeous. I love the second photograph with the parasol.

Jeanne Henriques said...

You look stunning Sarah Elizabeth!

Even better, I hope you get to wear it again for Part II,
not many can say that!!

Best wishes...

Jeanne :)

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

You look SO beautiful and lucky you getting to wear the dress twice! I can't wait to get married!

Loree said...

Stunning dress.

Sarah B said...

It's lovely, so is the sparkly hair accessory :)

Amanda said...

Your dress is stunning and the parasol was the perfect accessory. You made such a beautiful bride and I'm glad your dress made you felt like a princess as you looked every bit the part :) Thanks for sharing your lovely photos x

Unknown said...

Your dress is beautiful Sarah as are you. The parasol is so feminine and suits you perfectly. xx

Sara Louise said...

Divine divine divine!! I love Jenny Packham wedding dresses. And your hair is gorgeous!

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh! How stunning were you? I love the dress, the parasol and all of it! I'm sure you are over the moon happy right now. thanks for sharing your special day with your readers! xo

Rebecca said...

you look so stunning in that dress, I'm orry I@ve not replied to your lovely comment, and yes, absolutely, next time you are over here, send me an email, you are quite close! I hope you are enjoying married life so far :)

City Girl (EC1) said...

Wow, you look amazing! Congratulations! What an exciting day and life ahead :) Lovely blog! City Girl x
http://citygirldiariesec1.blogspot.com/