Monday 4 April 2011

A crocheted gift for a special 4 year old

Recently it was my beautiful little niece's 4th birthday. 

She lives a long way away, down under in the land of kangaroos and koalas.

So, I decided to make her her own little koala friend and sent it all the way from Italy.


 Handmaking this little gift made me feel so much closer to her even though she's so far away.




She loves her new wee friend and now I have to make another for her little brother to stop them fighting over it!



It was really easy to make following a pattern from here. I loved the way all the little pieces suddenly became a little character once I sewed them all together. I think this could become a new favourite hobby, crocheting toys, especially since soon I will have my own little one to make gifts for!

Have a lovely week everyone x x 


6 comments:

Sarah B said...

It's adorable! I love the look of knitted and crocheted toys. I have a little neice who will be 4 at the end of this year. You might just inspire me to get crafty and make something for her :)

sugoandsunshine said...

It's beautiful!! Have you tried making baby socks/shoes yet? Those are fun, and do up quick!

LindyLouMac said...

Cute, you will be able to make some of these for your own little one.

Loree said...

That's just so cute. It will be a treasured toy for years, I'm sure.

flowers on my table said...

How very cute.I haven't crocheted since I was at school, but I am very tempted by all this lovely work I'm seeing to give it a go. Have a lovely day, Linda x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah Elizabeth! That is such a sweet Koala, I bet she loves it even more because you made it for her yourself... It's really cute, way nicer than anything you see here, you could corner the 'cute Koala market' over here!
Flick x