When I started my blog last year I had no idea that there would be people out there who would actually read what I have to say. I'm so surprised that people take the time out of their busy days to read my posts and even show their support by writing lovely comments. I was even more surprised today when I had a comment from Sara Louise at Le Petit Village saying she had awarded me the Lovely Blog Award. I really enjoy reading Sara Louise's tales about her life in a small French village and can really relate to some of the challenges she faces every day.
The rules state that I have to share 10 things about myself that you don't already know and then pass the award on to other blogs.
So here are the 10 things that I'm sure you are all just dying to know!
1. I grew up in the countryside and had a truly idylic childhood. I believed (and still do) that there were fairies living at the bottom of our garden.
2. I asked my fiancee out using a knock knock joke. It was so corny but he said yes so I guess it worked! We have quite a corny relationship altogether.
3. When I was little I dreamed of being a ballerina and now whenever I watch ballet I still wish that I was a dancer. Apparently I have the perfect shaped feet for a ballerina (not sure about the rest of me though!)
4. When I was 5 years old the Queen came to visit our school. As she walked around speaking to all the kids and accepting flowers I noticed that Prince Philip had a hole in his umbrella. I thought it was very strange that with all of their wealth they couldn't afford to buy a new umbrella!
5. I believe that in a previous life I was a fly who was killed by a spider. This would explain my irrational phobia of those horrible creatures and why I panic when I get tangled up in the bed covers!
6. I have a system for washing the dishes which borders on being obsessive compulsive and I get extremely upset if anyone messes with the system!
7. I lived for a year on a Caribbean island which was an amazing experience. I basically spent a year on the beach.
8. When I was 17 I went on a 5 week expedition to Mongolia to work on a project renovating a children's home. It's an incredible country and sometimes I think I'd like to go back there and live in a yurt.
9. My favourite favourite thing in the world (after family, friends etc.) is tea. I drink about 5 cups a day. I'm very lucky to have a wonderful fiancee who brings me a cup of tea in bed almost every morning.
10. It's been my dream for a very long time to live in a foreign country, marry a foreigner and renovate a really old house. Now my dreams are coming true and I can't quite believe it. I hope that all of my dreams will come true (except for the one about being eaten by a giant spider)
I want to pass this award on to my little sister who has also just started blogging. She is studying textiles and has done some amazing work which she is starting to show on her blog Loulou May