Saturday 5 June 2010

Things that Make me Happy Part Five

5. Beautiful Photography

I have always loved beautiful photographs but it's only since I started blogging that I have begun to take a more serious interest and try to learn how to use a camera myself. Today we went to an exhibition of the work of Steve McCurry at the Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria. His photography is so breathtaking, not just because the photographs themselves were beautiful but because of the incredible stories that they tell. I felt extremely moved by the whole exhibition and I now feel even more inspired and determined to continue with my newest passion.



'Afghan Girl' by Steve McCurry


3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Blogging has really renewed my interest in photography as well. I majored in it at University many moons ago but ended up pursuing other things. I just bought a vintage camera off ebay and hope to use it very soon. It's a great hobby :)

Anonymous said...

Same here! I have always loved photography, and seeing great shots is so inspiring... I am still learning new things about my camera every time I use it!
:) Flick

LindyLouMac said...

Her eyes are so penetrating!

I also thoroughly enjoy photography and blogging does give me another excuse to take loads:)